Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Of Course There Are Things That Are Good

I try to use natural products for the baby, the dogs, the dishes, cleaning the house, etc. as much as possible. In some cases there are great substitutes for common products, and in others you just can't beat good old Pampers. I will try to post about good natural products whenever I find them. Please note that in most cases I am not endorsing any websites when it comes to purchasing these products. I am just posting common sites so that you can see what I am talking about. Of course in some cases I am actually endorsing a website, as you will see below when I reference the Vintage Pearl or Earth Mama Angel Baby products.

Instead of Purell, I found Susan Brown's Baby Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer. It works great, smells good, and doesn't dry out your hands.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ET7EDW/ref=oss_product

Costco carries a good natural baby wipe made by Nature Babycare that is also cheap to buy in bulk and will ship right to your house by the case:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11482813&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|48022|76405&N=4040783&Mo=15&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=56098&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=
They are not as thick as some of the other products on the market but they do the job and have no chlorine or alcohol.

The Fisher Price My Little Lamb Cradle and Swing has saved our sanity.
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=45667
I bought it on craigslist.com for 60 bucks. The inside part where the baby sits is all washable so there is no reason to buy new if you can find a good used one. The swing plays music as well as nature sounds and has a mobile and mirror to entertain the baby. He loves to fall asleep in there and it works great during those times (every evening at about 7pm!) when he wants to be rocked or moved constantly and mommy and daddy are about to fall over dead.

I love multifunctional items like the Graco Silhouette Pack'n'Play Playard.
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16257710&RN=7081&
It's a bassinet, changing station and pack'n'play all in one, and portable too (thought a pain in the rear to take apart and pack). We use it constantly. It also holds wipes, lotions and potions for convenient use. My only complaint is that the wipes holder is a little shallow so you have to restock often. They should make it so that a whole pack of wipes fits in.

Another great natural product line is Earth Mama Angel Baby. Their baby lotion is amazing. I have used it on my newborn baby from the start with no skin irritation at all. I have also used it on my own face and it's just as good as any expensive skin cream.
http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/

I looked for a simple little charm with my son's initial on it everywhere and couldn't find anything that wasn't super cheesy. A friend recommended this site:
https://www.thevintagepearl.com/
It's full of adorable, reasonably priced monogrammed charms and jewelry. After I placed an order, I found out that it's a small business by a stay at home mom, which makes it even more appealing to me. Be advised that the jewelry is hand made and thus it takes a while to ship.

Another great product developed by a mom is the Woombie.
http://www.thewoombie.com/
Swaddling is a total pain in the rear. I thought I could avoid the whole concept all together but as it turns out, my son likes to be in a tight space. The Woombie is a little sack that is tight around the baby but also stretchy so he can move their arms and legs around. It's super easy to use, especially at night when I am trying to move him as little as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment