Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I haven't posted since October of 2011. My how time flies. We're on December 2012 and there is a whole new 8 month old person in this house with us. I'd like to keep up with this blog a bit more, especially since I am now basically a SAHM. I'm still figuring out what I want to do with this, but for today I am moved to put pen to paper, so to speak, because of the tragedy that occurred in CT last Friday. A lunatic walked into an elementary school and killed 20 kids aged 6 and 7 and six of their educators. This act is so unspeakable, the consequences so very heartbreaking. I don't know who in this country (or anywhere in the world where they have seen what happened) could be unaffected. Those of us who have small children are suffering in some VERY SMALL measure right along with Newton CT and all of the people who were directly affected by this tragedy. We feel you out there. We really do. The sadness is crushing. I look at my little boy sitting here next to me shoving broccoli in his mouth and trying to hide the "chicken" (really a pork chop) on his plate, and my love for him fills my heart, the room, the house, the universe. These little lives, these little treasures so full of potential and promise and dreams. They are what life is all about, and to have 20 of these lights snuffed out is just beyond tragic. I hope the families can take some comfort, even a breath of comfort, from all of us who are crying along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment