Sunday, January 30, 2011

Obsessed with Food

Today's baby menu-
Breakfast: Happy Baby Organic Whole Grain Baby Cereal (oats, amaranth, quinoa, fortified with probiotics) with fresh banana and blueberries. As I mentioned before I am still giving the baby cereal because it is an easy way to get a variety of whole grains plus probiotics into him. Starting tomorrow we are going to start mixing it with goat milk for extra protein, calcium and fat. He's barely in the 4th percentile of weight (98th or "off the charts" for height) so I am trying to sneak fat and nutrients into everything.
Why goat? http://www.abundalife.com/goats.asp
Snack: Half a container of blueberry goat yogurt.
Lunch: Palmful of baked sweet potato, one egg from our backyard chickens scrambled with fresh spinach and a bit of organic cow milk mild cheddar, cooked in a bit of organic unsalted butter. He LOVED this, ate every bit of it.
Snack: Organic raisins
Dinner: Chicken with some sweet potato and broccoli, pear.

Bonus: I am still trying to figure out a way to use up some of the purees I still have in the freezer. He went so quickly from purees to more chunky foods that I was left with a bunch of prepared items in the freezer and I hate to waste anything. I cooked up some brown rice pasta and mixed it with a chicken, leek, potato and pea puree. It tastes awesome! That's what is going to the nanny's for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment